Sunday, November 24, 2013

The story of donut

It all started in the airport from Munich to London. I was hungry and only had a few euros left when this donut caught my eye. It was everything I have ever wanted in a donut. Cute like it came straight out of an episode of the Simpsons and more importantly, extremely delicious.
Here it is in all it's glory

So once in London I wondered if donuts tasted better everywhere in Europe or if it was just Germany. I bought another while at a sandwich shop and hallelujah it was so delicious I forgot to take a picture of the full donut.  
 
 


 
By this time I was borderline obsessed with the idea of donuts. You may think that's weird but whatever. It's true. In Canada I was in love with cookies. In Europe I was in love with donuts. 

 
Then the donuts began to taste only okay. They looked very nice and everything but they were just not up to the standard of the German donut. 

 
 
 
This donut was horrible. I don't think I even finished it. By this time I was upset that the donuts in London were letting me down so I let them go. I haven't had a donut in a very long time and probably won't until I return to Germany.

 
This is the last donut I have eaten and I believe it was on a bus from London to Liverpool.
That is the story of donut. I hope you don't think differently of me now that you know how attached I can get to food.
 

No comments: