Sunday, December 22, 2013

Travel is romance

I would not call myself a seasoned traveler but that is the goal I have in mind. There are so many reasons why I am drawn to travel- the experience, "escape", learning, chance, love  and all of that other cliché stuff. While I prep for my journey home I am also prepping for my week in London as well as a quick trip to France and Amsterdam. What can these places hold? Nobody knows for certain.

“Travel is like love, mostly because it’s a heightened state of awareness, in which we are mindful, receptive, undimmed by familiarity and ready to be transformed. That is why the best trips, like the best love affairs, never really end.”Pico Iyer
I share this story that was recently posted on reddit about travel and true love. It's heart warming so I recommend pouring a glass of wine and grabbing a piece of chocolate. 

No comments: