Thursday, October 3, 2013

One week without poutine makes one weak.

Another title for this post was going to be "Homeless and jobless- living the life".

It's been a little over a week since I have been gone from Canada which is nothing to brag about, I know. Rachel and I have been looking at flats but everything in our price range is horrid and we don't want to increase our price range because our main focus is to travel, not pay rent! So we have made the decision to try a smaller city out and our decision is Liverpool! The rent is half the price and about 500% nicer. For now we are still in London and starting to blow out black snot. Give it a google, it happens to everyone.
   
     How is London Life? It's pretty great. I mean, I am starting to feel like the queen of the underground, I don't want to sound snobby but I sure know how to navigate my way around. At first we tried to stay away from the touristy things because we thought we would have a lot of time to complete those but once we decided to move out of the city we went pretty hardcore. Obviously we will take time to come back into London as much as we can because there is still so much to see and do. Here are some of the things we have been up to in the last few days.

British Museum- We looked around, it was huge but also free. Heck yes!

Big Ben & West Minister Abbey- The West Minister was hella expensive so we skipped this and the London Eye and opted to walk around instead.



The shadows on the Bridge look a little sexual 

We went on a 3 hour walking tour with the same company I mentioned before and it was very informative. My favorite part was the bit about Churchill and his war bunker which still exists and is available for viewing at a price of course. We also visited platform 9 3/4 which is in Kings cross station, right near our hostel. 



The next day we visited The Natural History Museum. Dinosaurs, yay! Then the Science Museum which was boring, not what I was expecting. Then my favorite visit of the day, The National Gallery! Guess what I saw in real life. Like up close, face to face. SUNFLOWERS by Vincent van Gogh. I was so excited I almost wept. Then I bought this little gaffer in the gift shop. All the museums are free!!!

You can pull his velcro ear off
Today we went to Warner Bro's Studios and took the Harry Potter tour. It was magical duhhhhhh it's Harry Potter so of course it was. There was so many things to look at we ended up spending almost three hours there. I drank some Butterbeer which tastes like cream soda and the foam tastes like caramel ice cream if that makes sense. Anyway, there is no alcoholic content so they should probably do something about that. Like an option to add a shot of schnapps or something. 





Ron Weasley 


\
You can't tell but I am wearing a cloak and about to ride a broom stick 

Butter Beer


Scale model of Hogwarts 





That's all folks! Only a few more nights in this shitty hostel.Hallelujah.