Sunday, October 27, 2013

Witch spotted on Thames River

On Friday Rachel and I took the bus into London for a boat party that goes up and down Thames River. It was fun but not the greatest. Actually the night was kind of a bust. Does anyone ever go out to have fun but the night is just ends up meh? That was our Friday night. It was refreshing to realize that no matter where you are in the world you are not going to have a blast every time you go out. That being said, we did have a lot of fun on our trip! It was amazing going by Big Ben, the London Bridge and other touristy spots from a totally different angle.

 Drinking on the balcony of our hostel (Smart Hyde Park)  
Am I a witch or a gr.9 emo?





I think we both agree that the best part of the night was the ride on the tube to the bar. Somehow we were the only ones dressed up in costume which was very amusing to two children. They were very cute- asking their mom if I was a real witch and making faces of terror every time Rachel and I looked over. We moved so that the family could sit together and the young girl decided that I was a good witch. Bless her soul. 

The next day we woke up, hung out at Starbucks to get some free wifi, went to the American store to buy KD and pickles and then went to check out abbey road. I looked for my name that I had signed back in 2011 but it wasn't there. Not that I thought it would be but, it would be so cool if it was! I signed my name again in gold because I am a baller. At this time of the day I had been rolling my tiny suitcase all around London so Rachel and I had a joke that my suitcase made me a very important person and that when I walked across Abbey Road I would jump and take a really lame picture with the suitcase so I hope that explains my pose in most of these photos. Two guys took a photo for us and then we took a photo of them in which they posed the same way I did. It was all pretty funny. 

Me in 2011 
Me in 2013
Rachel 2013 
"Excuse me, I have a suitcase" 


                                               
My name is in gold on the "E"
Famous recording studio 
We went to Buckingham palace and people watched until we were hungry. We threw Canadian quarters into the fountain and made a wish. I think the Royal Family grants the wishes. Either that or they collect the coins and make a profit. I didn't meet the queen but I did take a selfie in front of the fountain.



 We went to London for a party but had the most fun adventuring around the city.

No comments: